OpsQuals Frequently Asked Questions
OpsQuals is CAP's Membership Information Management System. This system
contains the information about the members achievements. OpsQuals can be
accessed from the main page of the
national web site. These questions are to assist you in using the
OpsQuals system. Please review the tutorials that are provided for OpsQuals on
the NHQ site.
|What records do I need to keep?
||CAPR 60-3 requires the individual member to keep records
to support all of the qualifications that they hold (CAPR
60-3 para. 2.7). This should include paper copies of signed
SQTRs, Certificates, etc.
Unit commanders are also required to maintain all
documentation for issuance of qualifications (CAPR 60-3
para.1-4c2) to members
|Why do I show as a supervised trainee on several
||When a specialty qualification expires, it automatically
reverts to trainee status. Once you have completed the
necessary actions to renew the qualification, it will change
the specialty to qualified.
|What do I need to do to become a Transport Mission
||The requirements for Transport Mission Pilot (TMP) are
in CAPR 60-3 para 2.3o:
- At least 18 years of age
- Current and Qualified CAP Pilot
- 100 Hours PIC
- 50 Hours Cross Country
- Current GES qualification
You may also require a Commercial license and Class 2
medical to transport non-CAP assets.
Enter your credentials into OpsQuals and your TMP rating will
be added to your 101 card after validation by Wng HQ
|How do I enter a Cadet's Achievement 1 into OpsQuals
- Go into OpsQuals on the right hand side.
- Click on "General ES & Pilot Task Data Entry (Task
Level) at the top of the screen.
- Enter the member's CAPID and click submit.
- Click on the link that says "Record completed tasks
for new member achievement" on the right hand side of
- On the left hand side, click the "+" symbol next to
- Click the "+" symbol next to "Achievement 1 (Curry)"
- Click "Achv 1 Requirements"
- Enter all the dates for all of the requirements and
- Click on "validate achievements or tasks" at the top
of the screen.
- Click "Yes" on the warning message that is shown.
- Under scope, select the unit
- Click the appropriate unit
- Find the cadet's tasks and select validate next to
each of them.
- Click confirm.
- Another task will show up requiring you to validate
Achievement 1 as a whole. Click Validate next to that
task and press Confirm again.
The cadet should now have Achievement 1 registered in the
If these answers did not address your issue, please contact a member
of the MN Wing ES team.